Monday 30 April 2012

After analysing a sci-fi film poster...

Found looking at this and analysing it, I found a few things wrong with it. This includes having a strong man to lead the group. When in fact in the comics, its Storm, the dominant black woman who often leads the X men, yet she's behind Wolverine. The founder of the Xmen is at the back?
Also all women in this are lower down than Wolverine. Angel (who may be seen as a homosexual icon with the wings) is also lower down than the leader. Wolverine seems to be the centre of attention and everyone else is there to fill the gap.

Another thing I found was that the setting of this poster is not in the film whatsoever.

So using what I found, I decided to rearrange this poster using my cheaper version of Photoshop.
I used a shot from the finale scene where phoenix goes crazy.
I put the dominant black woman as the true leader and the founder close behind.

Wolverine is one of the main characters in the film so he's still near the front but not centre of attention.
Found an image of Angel with some clothes on so used that.
There are still going to be issues with this. But this is much better :)
Poster re-done by me

No comments:

Post a Comment