Saturday 5 May 2012

Illustrative Artists

Embroidered Wine Stains textiles illustration embroidery art Embroidered Wine Stains


Amelia Harnas creates these portraits using a combination of embroidery and wine stains. Via her website:
These portraits are created either by using a wax resist (much like batiks) and repeated wine stains with embroidery as a reinforcing drawing over the original design or wine on paper with machine sewing. These are my first experiments using wine, and I am excited to continue expanding upon these first results.
This is something which seems to take a lot of skill to get perfect but I think I could use this in future work. I have already done something similar but without the embroidery and wine (used batik). Maybe use free-machining on top? We'll see :)

Birds

Birds by Abby Diamond illustration birds art Found these ink and watercolour birds by Abby Diamond. I love the line quality here. Maybe I could use this use of line in the work I've been doing with free-machining. Develop it further into something else, something even more interesting! Could use this technique in any drawing I do.
http://www.thisiscolossal.com/tags/illustration/page/4/



No comments:

Post a Comment